Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Winter Work Wardrobe Struggle

So now that we've both found jobs it's been really interesting to see the different "wardrobe battles" that we go through when trying to piece together our work attire. As she's mentioned,  Lola's job is very corporate, so she is struggling with being fabulous but still keeping it appropriate. Her 6inch stilettos and crop tops just won't work for the corporate world, haha. And me on the other hand, I work at an advertising agency, so it's really laid back, a little more casual than business casual. We basically can't wear jeans, and you know the normal stuff that you can't wear to most jobs like shorts, tanks, tees, etc., but anything else is pretty acceptable. I love my job, the atmosphere and most of all the laid back dress code, but sometimes it's really hard for me to keep my outfits casual with out going too "FUFU fierce" lol. I definitely can't reach for my chunky heels and funky accessories anymore, but I have to play more with my blazers and colored pants. Oh and by the way, it snowed yesterday, so now I gotta figure out how to keep warm and still be "FUFU Fierce." Ay yi yi, the struggle continues...

This is how we wear green, black and white. These are great examples of work appropriate outfits for us both.













Fufu's Outfit Details

Black and White Blazer - Thrifted
Black and White Top - Ann Taylor
Hunter Green Pants - H&M
Boots - Steve Madden
Bag - Big Buddha


Lola's Outift Details

Blazer - Express
White Top -  Random Marshall's Find
Olive Skirt - BCBG Max Azria
Tights - Calvin Klein
Shoes - Kelsi Dagger
Bag - Cynthia Rowley

No comments:

Post a Comment